Councillors and How the Council Works
In this section you will find a wide range of information relating to Councillors and how the Council’s decision making processes work.
Bath and North East Somerset has sixty five Councillors representing all of the Council area.
- Councillor contact details
- Committee membership
- Councillors by Group
- Member Advocates
- Making a complaint against a Councillor
- Register of Interests
- Chairman of the Council
- Civic Receptions
- Councillor Call for Action
- Outside body appointments
- Political Research Assistants
- Protocol on Councillor/Officer relations
Find out more about various aspects of how the Council makes its decisions, and how you can get involved.
- Minutes, agendas and reports
- Diary of Council meetings
- Have your say at meetings
- Forward Plans
- Officer delegated decisions
- Policy and Budget framework
- Democratic Services who to contact
- School Admissions Appeals
- Petitions Scheme
- MPs | MEPs | Parish and Town Councils | Police and Crime Commissioner
Find out more about executive decision making by Cabinet and Cabinet members.
Policy Development And Scrutiny
The role of the Policy Development and Scrutiny function is to scrutinise the implementation of Council policy and contribute to the development of future strategy. They also undertake various other roles – find out more via the links.
An archive of agenda and minutes for Council, committee and sub-committee meetings. You can find documents either by searching by keywords or by browsing through committees. Once located, you can view documents within your browser. If a document is located by searching by keywords, you have the option of downloading extracts of documents, rather than the whole file.