Agenda

Venue: Council Chamber - Guildhall, Bath. View directions

Contact: Mark Hayward 01225 396975  Email: mark_hayward@bathnes.gov.uk

Items
Note No. Item

5 mins

1.

Welcome and Apologies

5 mins

2.

Minutes from the meeting of 27 November 2017 pdf icon PDF 309 KB

15 mins

3.

Fire Service Update

Avon Fire and Rescue will be in attendance to provide a response on their approach to unlicensed holiday lets in Bath.   

5 mins

4.

Police Update - Handout pdf icon PDF 69 KB

The Police are unable to provide a representative to attend this meeting. A report has been prepared that provides the latest crime levels in Bath. 

20 mins

5.

Modern Community Libraries pdf icon PDF 266 KB

The forum will receive an update on the future provision for branch libraries around Bath.

 

The forum is asked for ideas (see attachment) that will be fed back at the next meeting in March 2018.

10 Minute Break

30 mins

6.

New Electoral Arrangements - Local Government Boundary Commission Draft Proposals

The forum will debate and provide collective observations on the impact on community and accountability of the Local Government Boundary Review for B&NES. 

 

This item will be opened by a short presentation provided by Jeremy Boss.

 

A public request to make a statement on this topic has been received from Bryn Jones.

10 mins

7.

Working Group Recommendations for CIL and CEF pdf icon PDF 49 KB

The Bath City Forum Working Group will report on the applications that they reviewed on 8 January 2018 and will confirm the recommendations they wish to make for Community Empowerment Funding and Bath Neighbourhood CIL Funding.

 

 

30 mins

8.

Forum Development and Forward Plans

The forum are asked to provide ideas on how best these meetings can serve the residents of Bath with meaningful and relevant discussions around how we can make the city a better place to live.

 

The forum is looking for ways to improve the communications to residents so they have better awareness of the issues that are being discussed and that they understand that we want them to be involved in the meetings.

 

The Terms of Reference may need to be revisited so that they are relevant and show clearly how the forum will operate and how it will make things happen.

 

The forum will be asked how they wish to move forward and if they wish to hold a broader conversation on this topic.

 

A public request to address the forum on Community Engagement has been received from Luke John Emmett. The Chair will invite Luke to speak after introducing this agenda item.

 

 

10 mins

9.

Forward Plan

Items that are currently listed as items for future meetings:

 

·  Bath Governance

·  Flooding

·  Feedback on Branch Libraries

·  Rough Sleeping

 

Further ideas for agenda items for future meetings are welcomed