Register of interests guidance note

You should declare any beneficial interest in land located with the Council’s area (excluding any easement, or right in or over land which does not carry the right to occupy or receive income).

Note – A beneficial interest may be described as a proprietary interest for your own benefit.  You should give the address or a brief description to identify the land.  You should include your home under the heading as owner, leasee or tenant.  This includes joint ownership, lesees, tenants.  You should also include any property from which you receive rent or of which you are a mortgagee.  Land ‘including any buildings or parts of buildings’.